Bridging the generational and cultural divide, physician Sam Stea’s new clif-i novel imagines new solutions to the greatest global crisis of our time: climate change. “The Edge of Elsewhere” (PUB DATE: Sept. 8, 2020), is a thrilling climate-fiction adventure that follows refugees from the not-too-distant future in a race against time.
[ See also SAM's earlier novel: https://www.reimagine2079.com/ ]
Paperback | 978-1733135931 | US$20 | Hardcover | 9781733135917 | US$30
- His career as a physician and environmental activist, how the two are similar, and where their paths diverge
- How climate change has blurred the lines between science-fiction and reality
- The importance of climate awareness and steps individuals can take to further this awareness
- How climate crisis is also a health care crisis and the role health care providers play
- The impact of the medical industry on the environment, and the extreme and unethical detachment of physicians and nurses from the issue
- The process of writing his cli-fI novel and how all demographics can relate to its messages and themes
- What inspired you to write “The Edge of Elsewhere”?
- How has your work as a physician informed you as a writer?
- What role do you think health care providers should play in addressing the climate crisis?